Proud Mommy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proud Mommy is a place for mom's to find support for everyday parenting issues we face as we raise our little one's. We use a "no judgement" approach, regardless of your beliefs.

Cloth Diapers

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Cloth Diapers Empty Cloth Diapers

Post  Admin Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:50 pm

I decided to start this topic because for our 2nd baby, we are planning on using cloth diapers instead of disposables.

It's a great way to save money, and they are definitely not what everyone thinks they used to be "way back when".... no safety pins involved what-so-ever!

I purchased all mine from a co-op on facebook, that buys items in bulk from companies and recieves large discounts. This saved me a ton of money. For those looking for information on Cloth Diapers, here are some links!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This site has really great diaper cream (brand names/store bought creams can't usually be used on cloth diapers) and they also have a great laundry detergent safe for CD care.

Stuart (my husband) and I sat down and figured out the amount we've spent on diapers for Gage in his 2 1/2 years and it was well over $1200 BEFORE TAXES. For 28 cloth diapers that I bought through the co-op, the diaper cream, the wetbags and the laundry detergent, I've spent less then $300. Way less. I'll be buying more CD's to add to my stash (because they are addictive!) but I'm sure I'll never come close to $1200!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:26 pm